No-Bake Zucchini and Breadcrumb Slice
A simple and fresh no-bake vegan Zucchini and Breadcrumb Slice, which can be eaten cold straight out of the fridge, is just perfect for a hot summer’s day.
2 large zucchini, sliced thinly into rounds
1 cup breadcrumbs
Red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
A super, ridiculously simple and fresh no-bake vegan Zucchini and Breadcrumb Slice, in just a few simple steps.
- Wash zucchini and slice thinly into rounds. In a bowl, mix salt, pepper and breadcrumbs to taste.
- In a frying pan, shallow fry a single layer of zucchini rounds at a time, turning slices over once the centre begins to soften and darken.
- Once the second side of the zucchini rounds get a brief chance to grill (should still be some water coming out), transfer the rounds to the breadcrumb bowl. Turn once to coat and then arrange on a plate in layers.
- Once one layer is complete, drizzle a little red wine vinegar, sprinkle some salt, roughly rip some fresh mint and scatter; then proceed with the next layer of zucchini rounds.
- Cover and pop in the fridge for several hours before serving. Can easily be kept in the fridge and consumed for a couple days, as it just gets better!