Cauliflower and Vanilla Soup
This soup makes a satisfying starter for any autumn dinner party with friends. A delicious flavour combo which not many would have tried! Surely a crowd pleaser.
- 1 Tbsp of oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cauliflower , roughly chopped
- 6 cup of vegetable stock
- 2 vanilla pods; split
- 200 ml Double cream
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft for about 2 minutes.
- Add the roughly chopped cauliflower and pour in stock.
- Bring to the boil. Simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add the seeds from the vanilla pod and cream.
- Pour the soup into a blender and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
You can order organic cauliflower when in season, along with many other groceries from our webstore.
Hints and Tips
Don't use vanilla essence for this recipe. Use vanilla bean pods or vanilla bean paste.
This recipe does not need salt and pepper, use a little salt as a flavour enhancer (to taste) if you feel it's needed.