Soba Noodle Salad
This cold salad of noodles, green beans and broccoli with creamy tahini dressing takes about 10 minutes to whip up, and is filling enough to satisfy as lunch or dinner in itself.
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 300g pack of soba noodles
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets with stems
- 32 green bean, tops removed
- 1 long green chilli, sliced
- Large handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp sliced spring onions
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine oil, vinegar, tahini, tamari, honey and garlic and whisk to combine. If dressing begins to split add a little extra vinegar and whisk til smooth and creamy. Taste the dressing and add extra honey, tamari or vinegar to get a perfect sweet/salty/sour balance. Add sesame oil and whisk again to combine.
- Bring large a pot of water to the boil, add the noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender but not mushy. Drain and rinse in plenty of cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside. Bring another pot of water to the boil and add the beans and broccoli. Cook for 2 minutes, drain and place beans and broccoli in a bowl of ice water for a few minutes to crisp. Drain.
- Combine noodles, beans, broccoli, chilli, coriander, spring onions and sesame seeds in a large salad bowl. Pour over dressing and toss through.