Orange and Silverbeet Salad
We have both silverbeet and oranges in the veggie boxes this week. Here’s a great salad that uses both. Greatly enjoyed as a side dish served with fish.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 silverbeet leaves & stems, washed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup sultanas
- Juice of two oranges
- Orange rind of two oranges
- 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted & chopped
- Separate silverbeet leaves from stems. Chop stems. Roughly tear leaves.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and silverbeet stems. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until stems are just tender.
- Add sultanas, orange juice and orange rind. Stir to combine.
- Add leaves. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with almonds. Serve.
You can order organic oranges and silverbeet when in season, along with many other groceries from our webstore.