- 400g (2 cups) Pumpkin, 2 cm slices
- 75g Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 125mL (1/2 cup) Milk
- 2 Eggs, lightly whisked
- 400g (2 cups) Plain Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- A simple winner of a loaf, shared with thanks to the legends of Martha Goes Green. It’s excellent with a seasonal soup – peruse our soup recipes or at this time of year try the spring minestrone or quick broccoli soup!
Pumpkin and Herb Bread
- Preheat oven to 180’c.
- Grease a small loaf pan with oil.
- Cook the pumpkin in a pot of boiling salted water for 6 to 8 minutes or until only just soft. Drain well then mash.
- In a medium sided bowl combine melted butter, mixed herbs, mixed spice and salt. Add the mashed pumpkin, milk and eggs. Mix well.
- Once all wet ingredients are mixed thoroughly, add the flour and baking powder. Mix through until combined.
- Transfer batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 180’c for 40-45 minutes, until golden on top.
- Serve with a warm winter meal!
Recipe and image shared with thanks from Martha Goes Green