6 egg whites
Pinch of salt
350g caster sugar
Non-stick baking paper
300g thickened cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
4-5 kiwi fruit
Juice of a small lime
- Preheat oven to 120⁰C. Separate egg whites, add salt and whisk until soft peaks form. Then add sugar one tbsp at a time while you continue to whisk, but don’t overdo it. Whisk only until sugar is dissolved or your meringue will be full of little holes once baked. You can check is the sugar is dissolved by rubbing a small amount of the mixture between your fingers. If it still feels sandy, the sugar has not yet dissolved.
- Use a tablespoon or spatula to make 6 meringue ‘nests’ on a large tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Nests will act as bowls for cream added later, so make sure they have a little dip in the middle. You may need to push the sides up with a spatula to get the effect.
- Reduce oven temperature to 90⁰C and bake for 1 ½ hours. Once cooked, turn oven off and leave nests to cool in the slowly cooling oven, then store in airtight container until you’re ready to serve.
- Whisk thickened cream and icing sugar until you get whipped cream.
- Peel and slice kiwi fruit, then coat with juice of one small lime.
- When you’re ready to serve, spoon the cream, then the kiwi pieces on top of the meringue nests. And hazaar, Pavlova!
You can order organic kiwifruit when in season, along with many other groceries from our webstore.