Spring Garlic Aioli with Aspargus Dippers
Giving an old favourite a fresh springtime twist, spring garlic aioli has a little more bite, complimenting the more dulcet tones of asparagus.
Ingredients2 asparagus bunches 1 large egg, room temperature ¼ cup spring garlic, chopped 1 cup vegetable oil 1 tsp Dijon mustard 1 Tbsp lemon juice Sea salt flakes
- Put water to boil in a saucepan. Wash asparagus and remove the woody bits by holding each end & gently bending the spears until they snap. Boil asparagus for 3 minutes, or just until the harder end of the asparagus can be pierced with a sharp knife.
- Alternatively, oven-roast them with a little olive oil if you like crunchier and more robust tasting dippers.
- Use a hand-held blender and a high edged container to blend the egg, mustard and finely chopped spring garlic until well combined. Then gradually add oil and blend until thickened.
- Pulse to combine lemon juice and salt.
- Drain asparagus, and let them cool a little before serving them whole with the spring garlic aioli on a dip platter.