Pumpkin, sweet potato and ginger soup
Adapted from Wholefood by Jude Blereau
1 onion diced
1 knob of ginger, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
1.25kg pumpkin (butternut and jap), roughly chopped
1 medium sweet potato, roughly chopped
1 pear, roughly chopped
1.25 litres vegetable stock
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Saute the ginger, garlic and leeks for 10 mins.
- Add the pumpkin, sweet potato, pear and veg stock.
- Cover and simmer for 30 mins.
- Blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and a drizzle of coconut milk.
You can order organic pumpkin, sweet potato and ginger when in season, along with many other groceries from our webstore.
Hints and Tips
Leeks are nice instead of onion