This recipe is really quick and simple. Its great served cold and makes a good summer-y pasta meal.
200g crème fraiche / sour cream (use fat reduced if you wish)
Parmesan cheese – a small block to shave yourself
3 egg yolks
Zest and juice from one lemon
Small bunch of snow peas (whole or halved)
1 zuccini/courgette, sliced and quartered
Salt and pepper
1. Boil salted water and blanche snow peas and zuccini and set aside.
2. Use same water or boil separate water for pasta and cook until al dente – quickly rinse in cold water and add oil or butter if you wish to stop the pasta from sticking.
3. While pasta is cooking mix crème fraiche, egg yolks, lemon zest and lemon juice, salt and pepper with a fork until combined.
4. Drain pasta when ready and place pasta along with crème fraiche mix back into the saucepan and onto the heat.
5. Add greens and mix continuosly until sauce thickens (approx 3-4mins).
6. Serve in bowls sprinkled with thick shavings of parmesan. Enjoy your citroen fettucine!