Our mission is to do good at every step along the food supply chain
CERES Fair Food is an online organic grocery.
We support Victorian farmers, grocery makers & suppliers and stick with them through the seasons
We employ people seeking asylum and new migrants
We work with over 40 neighbourhood Food Hosts, building human scale connections in our community
We use returnable boxes, home compostable bags and pack your produce with minimal waste
All our profits help CERES teach kids and adults how to take good care of our planet
WHY WE ARE LOVED
- Great value certified organic and biodynamic groceries
- Home delivery 6 days a week Monday to Saturday
- Free delivery to over 40 neighbourhood Food Hosts (pick-up points)
- Choose from set produce boxes or a la carte shopping.
- Set and forget repeat grocery orders
- No lock-in contracts or subscriptions
- Helpful, real customer service with a 24 hour Service Guarantee
- Heartfelt and funny email updates and customisable SMS reminders
- We buy direct from our farmers and grocery makers where ever we can
- Pesticide and herbicide free organic farming is better for the health of growers and animals
- We pay a fair price and stick with our growers and makers through the seasons
- We support local economies – whenever there is a choice we always buy Victorian first
- We buy Fair Trade products for the things we don’t grow in Australia
For the planet
- No factory farmed products
- No pesticides, herbicides or artificial fertilisers
- No genetically modified organisms
- Wherever we can we buy directly from small farms and as close to home as possible
- We buy in bulk bins so growers can minimise handling and boxes
- Our green waste is composted in collaboration with local farms, community gardens and animal rescue organisations.
- Our delivery packaging is collected and reused many times over.
- We facilitate closed loop packaging cycles where possible, collaborating with producers to return > refill > reuse.
Bulk foods and salad mixes are packed in home-compostable eco cellophane bags, or compostable brown paper bags
- Our entire warehouse is powered by 240 solar panels
For our community
- We support our local economy, especially small producers and grocery makers
- We employ those seeking asylum, newly arrived migrants and others doing it tough
- We find a home for excess produce, often donated to Free Feed Street Kitchen or other organisations to help feed people in need
- We accept material donations for the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
- We share our skills and knowledge in conversations, tours, workshops and at conferences
- All our profits support CERES Community Environment Park educating kids and adults to look after the planet